Gain More Insight from Your CONTOUR® USB Meter from Bayer with these Tips
These tips will help you learn how to get the most out of Bayer’s CONTOUR® USB meter and help you better manage your diabetes with Bayer's CONTOUR® USB meter. You can navigate through the tips section below.
Top 15 Tips
- Your meter has a permanent Rechargeable Battery. So, before you do anything else, charge your battery by plugging CONTOUR® USB into your computer or optional wall charger. Your meter will briefly display “Do Not Test-Charging” and the test strip port light will flash. The charging time can take up to 2 hours. When using your USB port to charge, be sure your computer is turned on and not in sleep, hibernate or power saving mode.
- Bayer’s CONTOUR® USB meter comes preset with AutoLog turned on. When AutoLog is on, you need to press either “Before Meal”, “After Meal” or “No Mark” to get a result – unless the result is below 3.9 mmol/L or above 13.9 mmol/L.
- You cannot test while the battery is charging. When charging is finished, the test strip port light will turn off. Unplug your CONTOUR® USB meter to test.
- If you wish to test immediately after disconnecting from your computer, please use the USB cable, as USB ports in some computers and self-powered USB hubs can become much warmer than the room.
- Make sure your computer has the correct system requirements for Bayer’s CONTOUR® USB meter.
Windows: Windows® 7, Windows® XP SP3, Vista® SP2
Mac: OS® X v10.5.7 and 10.5.8 (Intel® 64 bit processors only)
- It is recommended to use a high-power USB port with Bayer’s CONTOUR® USB meter. If the charging status displays “Low Power Charging,” try a different USB port on your computer.
- If the Battery is low when you plug in your meter, it will Rapid Charge for about 1 minute. You can run a blood sugar test as soon as Rapid Charge is complete.
- Use the Illuminated Test Strip Port to test in low-light conditions. Activate it by pressing the menu button twice.
- Pre-Register with us today and we will notify you as soon as the CONTOUR® USB meter is available.
- You can print your reports (to take to your appointment) or download a PDF (to e-mail your physician) using GLUCOFACTS® DELUXE. Your doctor will see testing trends and other details that will help him or her work with you to better manage your diabetes.
- Bayer’s CONTOUR® USB meter comes preset with 3.9 – 7.2 mmol/L for Before Meal testing and 3.9 – 10.0 mmol/L for After Meal testing.
- Set a Reminder on your CONTOUR® USB meter so you remember to test — anytime, anywhere.
- Add more relevance to results with a Note explaining unique testing circumstances.
- The default time period for Trends is the 14 day average. You can change the averages to 7 or 30 days.
- Your meter contains 500 MB extra memory to store personal diabetes files. It appears on your computer as a “Removable Disk” when you insert your meter into the USB port. When you read or write to the memory, the strip port light flashes quickly.